From Wikipedia, the miễn phí encyclopedia
Bạn đang xem: garena là ai
|Founded||2009; 14 years ago|
|Forrest Li (Founder)|
Terry Zhao (President)
Garena is a Singaporean game developer and publisher of miễn phí online games. It is the digital entertainment arm of parent company Sea Ltd, which was formerly named Garena.
The company distributes game titles on Garena+ in various countries across Southeast Asia and Taiwan, including the multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) games League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth, the online football (soccer) game FIFA Online 3, the first-person shooter game Point Blank, the mobile MOBA game Arena of Valor and the mobile racing game Speed Drifters.
In 2017, it released Free Fire, which had over 150 million daily active users globally as of May 2021.
In November 2011, Garena announced its publishing rights for the team-based shooter game, Firefall, in Southeast Asia and Taiwan.
In December 2011, Garena announced their collaboration with online games developer, Changyou, to tướng publish and operate the popular 3 chiều martial arts game, Duke of Mount Deer, in Taiwan. The game was the first MMORPG game available through Garena+. The game combines a classic Chinese story with the latest 3 chiều rendering technology and cinematic quality graphics. Duke of Mount Deer was created by several top online-gaming experts from Trung Quốc and South Korea and has gained much popularity in Trung Quốc. The same month, the "Dominion" game mode for Garena's League of Legends players in Singapore and Malaysia.
In 2012, it launched its first product, Garena+, an online game and social platform for people to tướng discover, tải về and play online games.
In năm trước, the World Startup Report valued Garena as a US$1 billion mạng internet company and ranked it as the largest mạng internet company in Singapore.
In March năm ngoái, the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP), one of the largest pension funds in the world, invested in Garena, valuing the company at over US$2.5 billion.
In May 2017, Garena was renamed to tướng Sea Limited. However, Garena was retained as a brand name of Sea Limited (aka Sea Group).
In October 2017, Sea Limited filed for an initial public offering on the Thành Phố New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and aimed to tướng raise US$1 billion. Before the IPO, Tencent was the major shareholder of Sea Limited, for around 20% of outstanding shares and is currently at 18.7%. It was followed by Blue Dolphins Venture, established by Forrest Li, for 15%. Li personally owned 20% shares, and Chief Technology Officer, Gang Ye, 10%.
Xem thêm: sương nguyệt anh là con ai
In January 2021, Garena acquired Vancouver-based Phoenix Labs, the developers of Dauntless. The acquisition did not affect the operations of Phoenix Labs or Dauntless, but helped Garena expand its international presence.
As of the second quarter of 2021, Garena recorded 725 million active users, 45% more phàn nàn the year prior, while the number of paid users grew 85% year-on-year, reaching 92 million. The outlook for Garena is expected to tướng decline in 2022, after reports in March 2022 suggested that Garena will post US$2.9 to tướng US$3.1 billion in bookings for the year, down from US$4.6 billion in 2021. The muted forecast would be Garena's first decline in business ever. The ban imposed on its Free Fire title in India across both Google Play and Apple phầm mềm stores has been cited as a contributory factor.
Garena+ is an online game and social platform that has an interface similar to tướng instant messaging platforms. Garena+ allows gamers to tướng develop buddy lists, chat with friends online and kiểm tra on game progress and achievements. Gamers can create their own unique identity by customizing their avatar or changing their names. Gamers are also able to tướng size groups or clans, and chat with multiple gamers simultaneously through public or private channels through Garena+. Garena+ users use a virtual currency, Shells.
Other products include BeeTalk and TalkTalk.
Events and tournaments
In May 2012, Garena launched the Garena Premier League (GPL), a six-month-long online professional gaming league with more phàn nàn 100 matches to tướng be played. The first season of GPL is a League of Legends competition which comprises six professional teams. The teams are Bangkok Titans (Thailand), Kuala Lumpur Hunters (Malaysia), Manila Eagles (Philippines), Saigon Jokers (Vietnam), Taipei Assassins (Taiwan) and Singapore Sentinels (Singapore), which represent top players from respective countries. GPL matches are captured and broadcast online along with commentaries, which are available for viewers to tướng watch on the GPL official trang web.
In January 2013, Garena announced the second season of the Garena Premier League, which would start on 4 January 2013. Garena Premier League 2013 includes two new teams from Taiwan and Vietnam, bringing the total number of teams to tướng eight. The teams are: AHQ, Saigon Fantastic Five, Bangkok Titans, Kuala Lumpur Hunters, Manila Eagles, Saigon Jokers, Taipei Assassins and Singapore Sentinels.
In November năm trước, the Garena e-Sports Stadium, a dedicated venue for esports, opened in Neihu District, Taipei. The studio was built partially to tướng accommodate the beginning of the League of Legends Masters Series, the top-level Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau LoL league that was spin-off of the GPL.
In January năm ngoái, Garena launched Iron Solari League, a women's League of Legends tournament in the Philippines. It is a monthly sự kiện organized in the second half of each month. It aims to tướng encourage participation by under-represented groups and is open to tướng all those who self-identify as female.
Besides competitive tournaments, Garena also organizes events to tướng cater to tướng users to tướng meet and connect offline. This includes the annual Garena Carnival held in Singapore and Malaysia.
Xem thêm: rich piana là ai
On 3 February năm ngoái, Garena eSports announced limitations on the number of gay and transgender people participating in a women-only League of Legends tournament, due to tướng concerns that LGBT participants might have an "unfair advantage". This led to tướng gamers questioning the decision, while League of Legends developer Riot Games responded that "LGBT players are welcome at official LoL tourneys". On 4 February năm ngoái, Garena apologized and subsequently removed the restrictions.
Garena provides a platform for game titles such as Defense of the Ancients and Age of Empires, and also publishes games, lượt thích multiplayer online battle arena games League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, Free Fire, Call of Duty and Black Shot for players in the region.
|Title||Genre||Developer||Year of launch||Countries||Remarks|
|BlackShot||MMOFPS||Vertigo Games||2009||Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines||Changed as self-published (Vertigo Games via PapayaPlay)|
|Mstar||Casual/Dance||Nurien/Netmarble||2009||Taiwan, Malaysia and Singapore||Closed 26 August 2019|
|League of Legends||MOBA||Riot Games||2010||Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore, Philippines, Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau, Thailand, Vietnam||Changed as self-published (Riot Games Southeast Asia) ex. Taiwan/Hong Kong (via Taiwan Mobile) & Vietnam (via VNG Games); since January 2023|
|Heroes of Newerth||MOBA||Frostburn Studios||2010||Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, CIS||Closed on đôi mươi June 2022|
|Duke of Mount Deer||MMORPG||Changyou.com||2011||Taiwan||Closed 24 March 2014|
|Point Blank||MMOFPS||Zepetto||2012||Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia||Closed 28 June 2017; later relaunch in Thailand and Indonesia (self-published)|
|Path of Exile||ARPG||Grinding Gear Games||2013||Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, CIS, Thailand||Closed năm 2016 (CIS), ? (Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia)|
|Elsword||MMORPG||KOG Studios||2013||Philippines||Closed 2 December 2015|
|Firefall||Team Shooter/FPS||Red 5||2014||Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong and the Philippines||Closed|
|Lost Saga||Casual/Fighting||IO Entertainment||2015||Thailand, Taiwan||Closed 3 December 2017|
|Thunder Strike||Vertical Scroller||sunmosh||2015||Thailand, Taiwan, Vietnam||Closed 6 October 2017|
|Alliance of Valiant Arms||Team Shooter/FPS||Red Duck Inc./NEOWIZ||2015||Singapore, Malaysia||Closed 3 July 2018|
|Vindictus||MMORPG||devCAT/Nexon||2015||Thailand||Closed 31 August 2018|
|Free Fire (Mobile Game)||Battle Royale||Garena||2017||Global|||
|Blade & Soul||MMORPG||Team Bloodlust/NCSoft||2017||Thailand, Vietnam|
|FIFA Online 3||Sports/Soccer||Electronic Arts||2018||Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam||Closed and replaced by FIFA Online 4|
|Ring of Elysium||Battle Royale||Tencent Aurora Studio||2018||Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia||Closed 21 January 2022|
|Onmyoji (Mobile Game)||Visual Novel/Action||NetEase Games||2018||Thailand||Closed 3 April 2019|
|DD Tank (Mobile Game)||Artillery||MMOG.asia/Changyou.com||2018||Thailand|||
|Rising Force Online||MMORPGs||CCR International||Thailand|||
|FIFA Online 4||Sports/Soccer||Electronic Arts||2018||Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam|
|Call of Duty: Mobile (Mobile Game)||Battle Royale/Multiplayer||Activision/Tencent TiMi Studio||2019||Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Taiwan, Philippines|
|Arena of Valor (Mobile Game)||MOBA||Tencent TiMi Studio||2019||Indonesia, Vietnam|
|Speed Drifters (Mobile Game)||Racing||Tencent TiMi Studio||2019||Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau|
|Contra: Return (Mobile Game)||Run and Gun Shooter||Tencent TiMi Studio/Konami||2019||Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia|
|Fairy Tail: Forces Unite (Mobile Game)||RPG||Tencent Morefun Studios||2020||Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines|||
|Free Fire MAX (Mobile Game)||Battle Royale||Garena||2021||Global|
|Moonlight Blade M (Mobile Game)||MMORPG||Tencent Games||2021||Taiwan|||
|Blockman GO (Mobile Game)||Sandbox||Zhuhai Sandbox Network Co. Ltd.||2017 (relaunched in 2022)||Global|||
|Black Clover M (Mobile Game)||RPG||Ilinix, inc||2022||TBD|||
|Cái Thế Tranh Hùng (Mobile Game||Strategy, Role Playing||Topjoy||2023||Vietnam|
- List of game companies in Singapore
- ^ a b "Garena Online Pvt Ltd". Bloomberg. 29 April 2022. Archived from the original on 29 April 2022. Retrieved 29 April 2022.
- ^ "Sea Limited Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2019 Results". sec.gov. U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. 3 March 2020. Archived from the original on 3 July 2020. Retrieved 1 July 2020.
- ^ "TechCrunch". Tech company Garena raises US$550m, rebrands as Sea. Archived from the original on 16 May 2017. Retrieved 19 February 2020.
- ^ Obedkov, Evgeny (17 August 2021). "Mobile battle royale Free Fire surpasses 150 million peak daily active players". Game World Observer. Archived from the original on 14 October 2022. Retrieved 21 October 2022.
- ^ "Yahoo! News". Garena snags exclusive Firefall distribution rights for US$23 million. Archived from the original on 3 December 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- ^ "Gamer.com.tw". Duke of Mount Deer. Archived from the original on 8 January 2012. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- ^ "PC Home". Duke of Mount Deer. Archived from the original on 2 September 2023. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- ^ "GameAxis". Dominion Officially Launched on Garena. Archived from the original on 4 January 2012.
- ^ "Singapore's Tech Company Garena Valued At USD1 Billion". Archived from the original on 8 August năm trước.
- ^ "Start bu up". The Economist. Archived from the original on 30 June 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- ^ "Ontario Teachers Pension Plan bets on Asia with Garena stake". Financial Times. Archived from the original on 27 June 2018. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- ^ Chia Yan Min (9 May 2017). "Tech firm Garena gets renamed as Sea". The Straits Times. Singapore Press Holdings. Archived from the original on 23 July 2019. Retrieved 23 July 2019.
- ^ Lee, Yoolim (8 May 2017). "Garena Rebrands as Sea After Raising $550 Million in New Funding". Bloomberg. Archived from the original on 14 May 2017. Retrieved 4 November 2019.
- ^ "Garena rebrands to tướng Sea and raises $550 million more to tướng focus on Indonesian e-commerce". Archived from the original on 22 October 2020. Retrieved 7 August 2020.
Garena was founded in 2009 as an online gaming platform and its games business will retain that name.
- ^ "The World's Hottest Stock Is a Money-Losing Tech Giant Soaring 880%". Bloomberg. 5 August 2020. Archived from the original on 22 December 2021. Retrieved 22 December 2021.
- ^ "Tencent divests 2.6% of equity interest in Sea Limited". Tencent. 4 January 2022. Archived from the original on 12 February 2022. Retrieved 16 February 2022.
- ^ Russell, Jon (23 September 2017). "Southeast Asia games firm Sea, formerly Garena, files for $1 billion US IPO". TechCrunch.com. Archived from the original on 18 April 2018. Retrieved 4 November 2019.
- ^ "Sea Announces Garena's Acquisition of Phoenix Labs". www.businesswire.com. 29 January 2020. Archived from the original on 25 February 2020. Retrieved 25 February 2021.
- ^ McAloon, Alissa (28 January 2021). "Dauntless dev Phoenix Labs acquired by Singaporean game company Garena". Gamasutra. Archived from the original on 29 January 2020. Retrieved 28 January 2021.
- ^ Poh, Olivia; Yoolim, Lee (2 March 2022). "Sea's Market Decline Hits $132 Billion as Stock Tumbles Again". Bloomberg. Archived from the original on 7 April 2022. Retrieved 27 March 2022.
- ^ Iwamoto, Kentaro (2 March 2022). "Singapore's Sea expects 'headwind' after COVID-driven boom". Nikkei Asia. Archived from the original on 11 March 2022. Retrieved 27 March 2022.
- ^ "Singapore's Sea expects 'headwinds' after COVID-driven boom". KrASIA. 2 March 2022. Archived from the original on 25 March 2022. Retrieved 27 March 2022.
- ^ "With 10M users in just four months, Tinder-esque phầm mềm BeeTalk is buzzing throughout Asia". Archived from the original on 21 September 2020. Retrieved 7 August 2020.
- ^ "TalkTalk". intl.garena.com. Archived from the original on 12 February 2015. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- ^ "Watch the Opening of Garena Premier League 2012 Season". League Craft. Archived from the original on 14 May 2012. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- ^ "Garena Premier League". Garena. Archived from the original on 22 December 2012.
- ^ "【活動】台灣史上第一座『Garena 電子競技館』隆重登場！". Garena. 29 October năm trước. Archived from the original on 17 November 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- ^ Mitchell, Ferguson (3 February 2015). "All-female League of Legends tournament in the Philippines to tướng limit LGBT participation". The Daily Dot. Archived from the original on 17 November 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- ^ Putra, Ade (12 May 2015). "Garena Carnival năm ngoái Will Be at Suntec on 13–14 June [Updated]". GameAxis. Archived from the original on 17 November 2015. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- ^ Stuart, Keith (4 February 2015). "Pro-gaming tournament attempts to tướng limit gay and transgender players". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Archived from the original on 16 April 2016. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- ^ "BlackShot Online - Southeast Asia". Papaya Play. Archived from the original on 12 November 2020. Retrieved 12 November 2020.
- ^ Allsop, Ken (9 November 2022). "League of Legends 'set free' by Riot Games publishing in SEA". PCGamesN. Archived from the original on 12 November 2022. Retrieved 12 November 2022.
- ^ Bernardo, Anna (9 November 2022). "Riot Games to tướng take back League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics publishing in SEA from Garena in 2023". Yahoo! News. Archived from the original on 13 November 2022. Retrieved 13 November 2022.
- ^ Chris (2 August 2016). "Concerns related to tướng the Russian merge". pathofexile.com. Archived from the original on 8 November 2020. Retrieved 11 December 2020.
- ^ "FORM 20-F". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. 31 December 2017. Archived from the original on 16 February 2022. Retrieved 16 February 2022.
- ^ Lai, Adrian (31 December 2020). "'Fairy Tail: Forces Unite!' Now Available in Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines". IGN Southeast Asia. Archived from the original on 23 October 2022. Retrieved 23 October 2022.
- ^ "Sea Limited Reports Second Quarter 2021 Results". www.businesswire.com. 17 August 2021. Archived from the original on 23 October 2022. Retrieved 23 October 2022.
- ^ "Tech in Asia - Connecting Asia's startup ecosystem". www.techinasia.com. Archived from the original on 23 October 2022. Retrieved 23 October 2022.
- ^ Stevens, Nathan. "Garena to tướng Publish Upcoming Black Clover RPG in Select Global Markets". Archived from the original on 2 September 2023. Retrieved 17 November 2022.
- Official website
- Official trang web (Indonesian)
- Official trang web (Taiwan)
- Free fire apk